DELIVERY, INSTALLATION AND PRESENTATION
- All work delivered to the gallery must have the following information affixed to the non-viewing side:
- Artist Name
- Address, phone number and email
- Title of the work, medium and price. Be specific with medium descriptions (e.g., oil on hardboard or canvas, not oil)
- Work must arrive on scheduled dates.
- Paintings must be dry.
- Work not in compliance with size restrictions will not be exhibited.
- All shipped work must be traceable. Signature on delivery must be required.
- Do not use “peanuts” for packaging materials.
- Please provide repacking instructions.
- Packing and shipping recommendations can be found on the RedDotBlog
Installation of Artwork
Exhibition design and placement of works is the responsibility of District Arts and the juror(s).
Solo/Small Group Exhibitions:
Artists are encouraged to work with the gallery to design the installation of their exhibition. District Arts has final say on exhibition design/layout. Once a work is selected for exhibition, the artist cannot remove it prior to the last day of the exhibition.
Artists must present their artwork professionally. The work must conform to the following standards unless otherwise stated for a particular exhibition. Artwork will not be installed if improperly presented or misrepresented.
- Two-dimensional work must be suitably framed and under glass or acrylic/Plexiglass when appropriate.
- Artwork that is intentionally unframed, such as stretched canvas, must have well finished painted edges. Edges cannot be taped. Mats, if used, must be well cut and clean.
- Photographic prints and digital artworks must be signed and numbered, and include a certificate or label of authenticity.
- All wall and suspended work must be equipped with a secure wire hanging system. D-Rings are preferred. Sawtooth hangers are unacceptable. District Arts LLC does not supply frames, hardware or wire.
- Coordination with the Gallery is required for installation of solo/small group exhibitions.
- Artists requiring electrical outlets or other special considerations should consult with District Arts prior to application.
- Three-dimensional work must fit through a standard double door.
Pickup and Storage
- When the exhibit closes, you may pick up your work no earlier than 3:00 pm on the closing day.
- You must pick up your work within 72 hours of the closing day of the exhibit, or notify the gallery.
- Unless previous arrangements have been made, artwork left in District Arts longer than two weeks shall become the property of District Arts LLC. There are no exceptions.
All work will be handled with all possible care. District Arts LLC insures the property of others for 65% of the sale price of the artwork, consistent with the gallery commission rate, against fire and theft. However, District Arts LLC assumes no responsibility for damage to artwork incurred as a result of the artist’s use of faulty or improperly used display materials.